At A Glance
CarpeDatum’s relationship with PriceSmart began in 2006 when they asked CarpeDatum to help automate financial consolidations and intercompany eliminations. Additional needs included the management of tax contingencies.
- Eliminated an Excel based tax contingency application used by 9 country controllers
- A tax application that supports special tax rules for each country
- Automated solution eliminates errors
- Consolidated and secure repository for review and analysis of data
- Increased productivity, enhanced data security, and reduced manual errors
IBM Planning Analytics Powered by TM1
At A Glance
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been using the TM1 platform for several years to support their high level financial planning and consolidation needs. CarpeDatum has architected and developed several Planning Analytics solutions for AWS including:
- Detailed expense and capital planning for their computing infrastructure
- Sophisticated capacity planning, detailed usage and revenue planning, consolidated P&L’s for SEC reporting
- A sophisticated cost allocation system that allows AWS to generate P&L’s for 50+ different products
This system helps manage all the operational and capital costs associated with building out the entire computing infrastructure. AWS implemented CarpeDatum TM1Connect to extract TM1 data into its other reporting tools.
- Extract and get to data without a Turbo Integrator developer
- Flexibly design their own extracts without a need for TM1 TI developer
- Maintains views over time and create new ones in an intelligent system
- Translates multi-dimensional data into relational format
Seattle Public Utilities
At A Glance
Seattle Public Utilities provides reliable municipal services to the 1.3 million customers in King County, WA. The SPU Budget & Planning Office is responsible for managing $850 million annual budget and 1,450 employees shared across three distinct utilities: Drainage and Wastewater, Solid Waste, and Water.
CarpeDatum created a custom budget and planning solution for Seattle Public Utilities combining the analytical and calculating power of Planning Analytics with a data warehouse and custom front-end solution.
- Designed an end-user interface to allow 300+ users the ability to enter and analyze budgets independently
- Integrated the budget system with other SPU and City systems
- Improved budget development process enabling personnel to improve detail and accuracy in significantly less time
- Deceased reconciliation amounts
- Increased collaboration
- Reduced ancillary systems
IBM Planning Analytics powered by TM1, CarpeDatum’s Enterprise Services